It looks like you try to read a document you inserted in the same
transaction. Which is in contradiction with how transactions work on

You can think of it as the following simplification: all changes to
documents (including inserting new ones) are accumulated whilst your code
is executing, then actually written to the database when the transaction
automatically commits, after the code has completed.

The same query therefore cannot read a modification it has done itself.