This looks like a good idea.

The one suggestion I would have is that this makes it easy to install
broken stuff. Of course, we have already had breakages with system
upgrades - interface changes or removed dependencies can show up as
addons not working right. It might be nice to have a way of marking
addons as broken, either with a todo/fixme note or maybe just a
documented way of deleting them?

Thanks,

--
Raul