> But it seems like you are declaring, here, that you are offering to be
neither?

I was sitting back waiting to be challenged on this very point. Because a
challenge to me will be a challenge to the rest of us.

I have not been altogether idle. But I have to face the fact that my best
work has always been cooperative work – and all the better when I'm not the
leader.

Apple must have upwards of a thousand documenters and "evangelists" – if
they still use the term. Jsoftware has a self-help group (this forum).

One more thing. IME the J engine is an ironclad made of titanium. From the
forums I see massive effort in making it even better. Yes, there's always
more honour in crewing a trim ship than a clapped-out hulk, and the Addons
library gives the impression of being the Cinderella of combined J effort.
But the non-J world will judge it by what it makes possible. If it weren't
for Unix/Linux and its vast library of invaluable apps (the Mac is almost
entirely built on them), who would give C/C++ the time of day? Ditto
Google/Raspberry Pi – and Python? The world-wide web – and Javascript?