@Bill--

I forgot to remind Tom to upgrade his version of math/uu.

Since 2.1.09, start_uu_[10] reads:
else.     loadFixed (pathof CREATOR) sl 'tpathjal.ijs'

not…
else.     load (pathof CREATOR) sl 'tpathjal.ijs'

loadFixed is defined as: load&dquote

@Tom--

Could you please upgrade your version of math/uu and try it again?
You should see:

   VERSION_uu_
2.1.09

   start_uu_
3 : 0
…<snipped>…
if. fexist p=. (pathof CREATOR) sl 'tpathdev.ijs' do. loadFixed p
else.     loadFixed (pathof CREATOR) sl 'tpathjal.ijs'
end.
loadFixed TPMU sl 'manifest.ijs'
…<snipped>…
)