On Mar 9, 2004, at 2:27 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

BTW: I suspect that <gump could implemented by writting the ant
script on the fly w/o us having to reinvent the wheel.

See the antgump proposal in Alexandria - maybe Scott can chime in here?

My latest try was vindico, an ant-based gump. I got far enough to see things building and so on, but not far enough to do the project.xml override/inheritance. I do believe it was a viable model, the biggest issue being that I was still using java products to build java products, and Sam had warned me about these types of things. I only stopped because Adam had started pushing more and more code into Gumpy, and I liked the idea of using non-Java to build Java. That, and he was coding much more than I was :)

In short, there are a couple of gotchas with an ant-based gump, but I think it is completly doable. My other ambitions with vindico were more what we are talking about today: doing history on all builds, trying to find who to blame (usually 1 side of a 2-sided interface), moving more toward some type of continuous integration, federation of gumps (so that I am only building 4 projects), etc.

Scott