On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Ian P. Springer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm looking into fixing the wsdl4j and naming deps for Apollo, but
> I'm unsure how the Gump / Maven combo works. Is it that the Gump
> dep's name must match the Maven dep's artifactId?

No.  I think Gump's id attribute on the <jar> element (which defaults
to the project's name) must match Maven's artifactId.

> For example, one of our Maven deps has artifactId "axis-wsdl4j", but
> the wsdl4j Gump project's jar name is "wsdl4j".

Then I really think your Maven dep is wrong since wsdl4j is not
produced by Axis and shouldn't be considered part of Axis IMHO.

> So would adding:
>
>  <!-- alias -->
>  <project name="axis-wsdl4j">
>    <depend project="wsdl4j" inherit="jars"/>
>  </project>
>
> To the wsdl4j Gump descriptor fix things?

Probably not.  Adding

<project name="axis-wsdl4j">
  <depend project="wsdl4j"/>
  <home nested="build"/>
  <jar name="lib/wsdl4j.jar" id="axis-wsdl4j"/>
</project>

To wsdl4j.xml probably would.  But really, I think your Maven
artifactId is wrong.

> Also, how do the versions fit in? The maven jarnames are all
> verioned, whereas the Gump jarnames are not.

We usually add versions containing the magic @@DATE@@ token via
properties to the jar names.

Cheers