Hi, Stefan.

Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 2005-06-21 08:02:12 +0200
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005, Henry Zongaro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >      The xml-xalan2-smoketest has been failing for several days
> >      now.
>
> months, not days 8-)

Errr.  We've only received notifications of a failure for the past week or
so.  Which is not to say that it hasn't been failing for longer than that
- just that we never heard about it.

> >      We're having trouble reproducing the failure, so I was hoping
> >      that I could get a copy of one of the log files generated as
> >      part of the smoketest in order to narrow down the problem
> >      further.
>
> <http://vmgump.apache.org/~bodewig/DOMResultAPITest.xml>

Thank you for giving me access to that file.  It confirmed my suspicions
about the reason for the failure.  Actually resolving the problem is going
to be a much more difficult problem, though - untangling the strange
interactions between Gump's class path and bootstrap class path settings
and those of the Xalan build.

Thanks,

Henry