Just for recap:
- by prepending ${basedir} to all relative paths you want to get absolute paths
- you calculate the string for ${basedir} with <pathconvert>
- <pathconvert> adds a ':' sign
Do you tried
  <property name="basedir-os" location="."/>

(I have only Windows so forgive my missing knowledge about the behaviour on
Unix ;)

Jan