On 31/03/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
>
>  > On 31/03/2010, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
>

> [snip]
>

>  >> Actually there is not really a "Maven JAR". It simply the default
>  >>  configuration for Maven's archiver to add the metadata, we turned that
>  >>  off everywhere in the office.
>  >
>  > Huh? What does the last phrase mean?
>

> Each plugin that creates a Java archive (jar, ear, war, ...) contains an
>  archive element in its configuration:
>
>  http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/#class_archive
>
>  Simply set addMavenDescriptor to false
>

>  >> So the result of the retroweaver is a perfect artifact.
>  >
>  > There is a META-INF directory, but it does not contain any Maven
>  > properties etc.
>

> Exactly what happens when you turn it off ;-)

I think we are talking about different things here.

The jar is currently created by the Ant build script, so does not have
the Maven descriptor.

AFAICT, changing the addMavenDescriptor setting won't have any effect.

So:
- do we need the Maven descriptor in the jar?
- if so, how do we add it? Can the build-helper add it?