The incubation disclaimer is in the README.txt file at the root of the distributions. The "incubator" is prepended to the maven groupId which leads to a incubator-servicemix directory name where all attributes are available. This have already been the case for several incubating projects so I assumed it was
the way to do with maven projects...

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Bill Stoddard wrote:

Hi Guillaume,
If my interpretation of the incubator release policy is correct, we need to place an 'incubating disclaimer' in the README.txt and name the distributed files incubating-servicemix-3.0-M1*

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases

* the release archive MUST contain the word "incubating" in the filename; and * the release archive MUST contain an Incubation disclaimer (as described in the previous section), clearly visible in the main documentation or README file.

A number of folks have already given this a +1 as is. We should either follow the release policy or amend it. IMHO, the requirement to place the word 'incubating' in the distributed file name is too onerous.

Bill

Guillaume Nodet wrote:

The ServiceMix project voted on and has approved a proposal to release ServiceMix 3.0-M1. Pursuant to the Releases section of the Incubation Policy and we would now like to request the permission of the Incubator PMC to publish the distribution on the ServiceMix web site.

The vote threads  can be found here:
http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE-Servicemix-3.0-M1-t1420042.html#a3827852

and the distributions:
http://people.apache.org/~gnodet/incubator-servicemix-3.0-M1/incubator-servicemix/distributions/