Marshall Schor wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > The notification clause mentioned in the FAQ has been considered an
issue
> > for the ASF, as it passes that obligation to downstream consumers of our
> > code.  Does that apply to UIMA?
> I looked in the FAQ http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_faq.php but
> didn't see the "notification clause".  Which clause is of concern?

  RF on Limited Terms specifies the exact Royalty Free licensing terms
  and conditions that may be included in a patent holder's license and
  that MUST BE GRANTED UPON REQUEST without further negotiations.

If downstream users of the code must notify IP holders in order to gain the
IP grants, we have an issue.  If downstream users automatically receive the
IP grants, we're fine.

        --- Noel