On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM, David Reiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

<snip>

> We also need CCLAs from Powerset, imeem, Amie Street, and Evernote.  Is
> there a way to check whether these have been received?

by asking here ;-)

Powerset YES
Evernote YES

imeem, Amie Street NO but these sound like names and it is possible
that they may be covered by blanket CCLAs which do not mention their
names

someone needs to check in the private repository that hosts this
information. i can't remember whether this information is confidential
or whether no one's been inspired to hack a script. perhaps someone
how does will jump in...

> I'm not sure exactly what else needs to go into the software grant
> process.  I still have not gotten an answer to my question about our
> CCLA.  More Facebook engineers have contributed to Thrift since I first
> got it signed, and more are going to in the future.  I cannot go back to
> our CEO to get a CCLA signed for each engineer who contributes to
> Thrift, so I need to know what other, more scalable options are
> available.

AIUI other corporations use CCLA. if anyone knows how they scale,
please jump in.

if this is likely to be an ongoing problem then raise on legal-discuss

> I also have not received an answer to my question about SVN.  When
> existing projects are moved into Apache, is their full VCS history
> normally imported, or just the latest version.  If the former, I will
> need to talk to an SVN expert because Thrift's SVN history is a bit
> complicated.

depends: some choose to, some choose not to

> I would love to see JIRA, a website, and Wiki space set up.  I'll send
> an email to the current Thrift list asking people to subscribe to the
> Apache one after I verify that it works.

we've been drafting some documentation that hopefully covers this
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/mentor.html#request-required-resources

feedback most welcome :-)

> By the way, is there a way for
> me to view list membership?