Can one more person on the Incubator PMC review and (hopefully) approve this release? We have 2 +1's so far, and need one more :-).

Thanks, muchly :-)

-Marshall

Marshall Schor wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Please review and vote on approving the 1st release of Apache UIMA-AS, an add-on to base UIMA. The release artifacts and the annotated RAT reports can be found here: http://people.apache.org/~schor/uima-release-candidates/uima-as/08

UIMA-AS originally came to Apache under a software grant, and has an IP Clearance form recorded: http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/uima-as.html and linked from http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/index.html

The UIMA project dev-list vote to release was 6 +1's, and no other votes; see the vote here: http://markmail.org/message/t6l2ineufbr3qo4g

UIMA-AS adds a scaleout capability to base UIMA based on asynchronous messaging; it makes use of the recently released UIMA base 2.2.2-incubating level, as well as Apache ActiveMQ and the Spring middleware framework (also licensed under the Apache v.2 license), internally.

Because this release includes a distribution of parts of ActiveMQ, which in turn is classified as a 5D002 export, we submitted classification for UIMA-AS also as a 5D002 category. The http://apache.org/licenses/exports/ page has been updated to reflect this.

Thanks.  -Marshall