i'm +1 with comments (see below)

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 9:55 PM, Craig L Russell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2008, at 9:59 AM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday 26 November 2008 3:49:09 pm Craig L Russell wrote:
>>>
>>> Apologies. My inbox never received the messages with the attachment.
>>>
>>> My only concern is that from the description, the project appears to
>>> be run in real time, with decisions made "through collaborative
>>> decision-making on the mailing list, through daily scrum calls, via
>>> Twitter and using open discussion on ESME itself."
>>>
>>> The risk is that decisions go by so quickly that it's difficult for
>>> someone not totally immersed in the real-time discussions to have a
>>> voice.

+1

there is also the issue of creating a public record of the process
used to develop the product. for mailing lists, this is done through
the numerous archives maintained at apache and elsewhere.

it should be possible to bridge ESME to RFC822 mail (eg. by using
James) on a hudson zone (say). this is an area i'm very interested in
so if this is of interest to the ESME team and they haven't done it
already, i'd be glad to help out.

>>> I expect that the mentors will keep an eye on this so as to avoid
>>> excluding potential contributors who don't have the bandwidth to keep
>>> up in real time but might have useful things to say.
>>
>> As a mentor, this is on my "concern list", but isn't something that's a
>> concern for ENTERING incubation.

great

>> It's something that will be learned and
>> addressed during incubation and will be resolved before they graduate.
>> If
>> this was  graduation vote, definitely a -1, but for an entering vote,
>> nope.
>
> I agree.

+1

- robert