On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>wrote:

 On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com>

>>> So, this is an interesting point.  Can we change Apache Geronimo's name
>>> to Apache WebSphere and get a way with it?
>>>

>> The main point is that you and I disagree on whether FixFlyer Ki and
>> Apache Ki are in the same domain.
>>
>> I have neither broad nor deep experience with securities trading systems,
>> but I do know what financial securities are. And I claim that someone
>> knowledgeable enough about computer systems to be in a position to evaluate
>> software for securities trading systems, should know the difference between
>> Java security and Securities Trading.
>>

> I think you missed my point and that is that they are comparing their Java
> security system, not the financial instruments, against JSecurity's.  Both
> provide the same functionality where their vertical application overlaps
> with our horizontal application, that is, Java security.

Really?  Where do they make that comparison? This is the first I've heard of
such a thing.

They were asking us to reconsider the name 'Ki' explicitly because it might
cause confusion to and end-user community (e.g. if I was googling for
FixFlyer's 'Ki' and found instead Apache's Ki, I might be confused).  They
made no such claim of functionality overlap that I'm aware of.

Cheers,

Les