Leif Hedstrom wrote:
On Jun 25, 2009, at 12:52 AM, jean-frederic clere wrote:

Great! Once our legal get their ducks lined up (very soon I hope),I'll
submit the official request for approval / vote. I want to resolve the TM issues around "Traffic Server" before we do this, in case we end up having to rename the project (but I hope it won't come to that).

Any progress on the topic?

Not yet, but apparently the legal person was away most of last week and this week. I'll do some more prodding to get some answers here.

On a positive note, we got our report back from the 3rd party who did a code review for IP ownership. There are a few "issues" we'll need to resolve, but nothing major and we'll obviously have them resolved before we push the source. The only "major" piece that might need to get removed for now is SNMP support.

One question though to the Incubator people: Several of the issues reported are around us using GNU configure, which is under GPL. How does other apache projects deal with this? Is it just a matter of not checking in the generated configure scripts, and expect people to use the .in, .am etc files to re-generate the scripts? This doesn't sound right though, because I'm pretty darn certain when I build Apache HTTP for example, I don't have to run autoconf or automake.

I don't think that is a problem: httpd (and other ASF project) also uses autconf/autoheader/automake to generate the configure that are included in the sources tarballs.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Cheers!

-- leif