On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 11:16, Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com> wrote:
> Not merit, just "binding vote". I agree that it sucks, but it is not
> something where the incubator has "gone awry", it has _always_ been
> messed up like this.
>
> Here's what I understand:
>
> 1) Apache rule: all apache releases must be made by PMCs
> 2) Apache rule: a release needs at least 3 binding +1s and more +1s than -1s

I think those "-1s" are more where Justin in concerned, rather than a
bunch of IPMC people jumping in with *support*, providing a +1 where a
podling doesn't have enough active IPMC members.

It's the *negative* support -- the hurdles and process and checklists,
some of which make zero sense for the particular podling. These can be
just as bad as a bunch of people jumping in with -1 votes.

For example: "make a release". If that doesn't make sense, then why
does it imply a bunch of -1 votes from the IPMC to prevent graduation?

Cheers,
-g