Paul Querna wrote:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/>

Which is linked from the sidebar everywhere, and on the docs page:
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/>

That trunk documentation is at least labelled "dev". I'd argue it should only be linked to from http://httpd.apache.org/dev/ and that it should reside there. That would be consistent with:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

"Do not include any links on the project website that might encourage non-developers to download and use nightly builds, snapshots, release candidates, or any other similar package."

Documentation that's released is released under the Apache license and is not in general strongly distinguished from code that's released: we require a CLA on file for documentation contributions, we require each documentation source file to contain the license, etc. Publishing trunk documentation to the non-developer portion of a web site is encouragement for non-developers to use trunk, which is something we should avoid.

Doug