William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
I suspect that renaming /docs/trunk/ to /docs/dev/ would be sufficient and
follow this best practice?

I don't know how much folks look at the URL, but I think I've heard Roy indicate that all developer-specific stuff should be under a dev/ URL.

I think it would be better yet not to link to it from the side bar, which appears on every page, but rather just from the http://httpd.apache.org/dev/ page. If the primary point of posting it is so that developers can refer to it without having to build it themselves, it doesn't need to be posted so prominently, does it?

Doug