i've had time to take a brief look at the mailing lists and IMHO this
matter needs to be taken private (and i started the balls rolling for
that). i will issue a formal veto with both IPMC and legal hats on in
due course. i just wanted to know that i'm going to unsubscribe this
email address from these lists until this matter has been sorted out.

if you really feel you must contact me privately, please use my apache
address and note that i will be copying in board and legal on any
communications. i would much prefer members to use the appropriate
private lists. committers are going to need to ask their mentors.

(sorry guys this needs to be take private. the mentors will let you
know when we have a solution. i think ESME's really cool. we've
resolved similar issues before and i'm confident of a happy ending but
you may have to put up with some short term inconvenience.)

- robert