On 7/1/2010 11:19 AM, ant elder wrote:

> I've been suggesting it would be simpler for Chukwa to go directly to
> TLP but if thats not going to happen then you have my support to
> incubate if thats what they really want to do, and I agree a new vote
> might making things clearer. It seems a shame to require more renaming
> of mailing lists etc than necessary, another alternative could be to
> just keep the existing naming that Chukwa currently uses during the
> incubation and only do renaming when graduating to TLP. That avoids
> one renaming and might get more IPMC votes for the proposal than it
> did when using the TLP naming.

I believe this is best, to simply hold over the existing hadoop-related
naming, with clear indication on the web pages that this subproject is
now -incubating, reflect those on the incubator status page, for the
handful of months it takes to elevate the effort to TLP status.

We will need a chukwa-priv...@incubator.apache.org, but I think that's
about it.  But we should probably announce this [Vote] as passed, start
a second vote on gene...@incubator and gene...@hadoop permitting these
old hadoop.a.o based list addresses and website/download paths to persist.

Moving svn itself is pretty trivial, and I'd suggest we do this to make
the svn permissions simpler for incubator PMC members.