To further expand on this comment:

The Board said that PMCs can make their own rules on how committership
is granted. The Board has no opinion on what the Incubator wants to do
with this topic because that choice is and has always been delegated
to the PMC. This is a consensus opinion of the Board, as no resolution
was provided for voting.

Cheers,
-g