On Nov 23, 2010, at 6:06 PM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 20:47, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> OK - Have they explicitly OK'd Apache Wave?  While Apache Wave would
>> certainly be unique to Apache, if Google intends to keep using Google Wave
>> (and Wave as a shorthand) this would get very confusing.
>
> Don't you think that by proposing Wave to the Incubator that Google
> has OK'd this?

I don't work for Google and don't know the people proposing this so no, I have
no idea whether Google has OK'd this.  This is no different than someone taking
an Apache project out of the Attic and starting it somewhere else using the
same name without Apache on the front. IIRC we don't allow that.  I don't think
this is paranoia but just approaching this from the same set of rules that we
use for our own projects.

Ralph