On 11/24/2010 3:58 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
But this is like if you are working in an office in front of a collegue : most of the time, you don't chit-chat, you work. And when it comes to make a decision impacting the whole project, then the discussion is moved to the ML.

In the Jena team, several committers work in one office, I am one of the ones who doesn't - moreover, I am an 8hr time shift away. The real-time comms of the office chit-chat is simply a fact of life. I guess clarity about what the risks are and how we should address them would be useful. I don't think IRC or skype is much of a deal in comparison [that's a technical comment about bandwidth, not a complaint about my colleagues' behavior]

Jeremy