I don't think these statistics have any real relevance to the goal of
evaluating the Proposal and whether it makes sense.

Whether somebody has committed or not, the only question is "do they
have an interest in being part of the community?"

Whether one group has more committers than the other doesn't matter
either. There are Apache projects with just a half-dozen people
working on them. That is sufficient for the Foundation, so we can just
ignore number comparisons.

Cheers,
-g