On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2011, at 10:40 AM, robert_w...@us.ibm.com wrote:
>

>> No one is forcing LibreOffice members to do anything.  You are free to
>> disagree with my goals, my priorities or even my methods and simply say,
>> "No thanks" without suggesting that it is immoral for anyone else,
>> including your own members, to say "Yes please". Let's not argue for
>> freedom by denying it to others.
>
> Just a reminder: that anyone's particular "goals", "priorities"
> or "methods" are moot: What is important is the *project's*
> goals, priorities and methods, and they are not determined by
> *any* external 3rd party.
>
> Let's be 100% clear here: This is about collaboration. This
> is about working together. This is about building a developer
> and user community, and not some power-play or ego trip.
>
> If people do not understand that, they need to. And if they
> can't agree with that then, quite frankly, they have no
> business being here.

The information presented so far remind me of a bad open-source advocate
that creates a web forum in 60 minutes with lots of sections and subsections,
and invites everyone to come in and contribute, on an empty forum.
The result is that the forum remains empty.

OpenOffice is huge, and you need a community to support your efforts.
Without the LibreOffice community, you need to build your own.
And till now, I see no efforts to build a new community.
I see no inspiration either to get people to contribute to Apache OpenOffice.

There should be a single project, with a copyleft license, that
everyone joins and contributes.
OpenOffice is as big, complex and important as the Linux kernel. GPL
worked great to keep
the Linux kernel going.

Simos