On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 12:19, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> I guess I've seen too many failures to launch at incubator to support any
> more projects coming in which are not in the realistic position to publish
> working results as AL works.  So without these answers, I personally would
> vote -1 on such a new project.  You can look at any number which required
> multi-year (half decade) of incubation without being able to graduate or
> release due to simply the licensing/dependency challenges.
>
> The incubator is not supposed to be this hard, and shouldn't be a parking
> lot for complex works with complex licensing problems.  If major problems
> can be addressed, they are best addressed on incubation acceptance, leaving
> only minor issues to address during graduation.  If major problems are
> going to be difficult to address, the incubator needs to think twice before
> accepting the podling, IMHO.

We know the *precise* list of files that we have rights to. They are
explicitly specified in the software grant recorded by the Secretary.

For all other files not listed: we have no special rights. Those files
would be under their original license, terms, and copyrights.

There isn't much gray area here. The biggest problem is how to replace
the stuff that we don't have rights to. And that is a problem for the
podling's community to solve.

Cheers,
-g