On 3 Jun 2011, at 17:52, Ian Lynch wrote:

> Hi Florian,
>

>> I do see with great concern is the need for a second project to be set-up
>> at Apache or any other entity.
>>

> Thing is that this is done, Oracle didn't and won't now give the IP to any
> other foundation.  So we are where we are.

We may be where we are, but we collectively have the opportunity to collaborate
once Oracle has gone - that's what "open" means.  "My way or the highway" talk
- from any side - is detestable.  ASF has the opportunity to reject the bait to
head down the path of ideological conflict, choose a conciliatory path that
respects the existing community and especially to use the trademark (which is
the only actual asset being transferred) for everyone's good.

S.