On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 1:37 AM, <robert_w...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote on 06/05/2011 07:49:41 PM:
>
> > From: Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
> > I'm not clear how safe that assumption is - that's what I have been
> waiting
> > to see explained for quite a while actually. Rob has been strong on
> > long-term abstract vision (clearly more omniscient than me), but any
> time
> > specifics of what (& how) is going to happen in the immediate future in
> > terms of maintaining the important consumer end-user presence
> OpenOffice.org
> > delivers, things get pretty fuzzy and hand-wavey.
> >

> Perhaps you missed it in the thread on end-users. Here is a link:
>
> http://markmail.org/message/ge3jom3px5dviils

I read all that Rob.  Nothing in there about the plan to continue creating,
building and delivering  OpenOffice.org on all the platforms and in all the
locales it is today, along with an estimate for the IPMT of how big the task
is, whether it's adequately staffed, what infrastructure it needs and so
on.

Your focus on the ODF market is laudable and you know I've been supporting
similar aims for even longer than you have. But my big concern remains
making sure that throughout 2011 there's a fresh, live consumer binary being
produced to keep the enormous existing user-base satisfied.

S.