Michael,

Conclusion:

"I do not believe the ASF is likely to provide a good home for the OO.o project
in the long run."

Supporting statements:

"They are sufficiently confident and comfortable with their model that
attempting to negotiate over changing any core aspect of it (such as the
non-copy-left stance) is unlikely to be fruitful work."

"The ASF has a very well designed governance, and a very experienced team, and
some excellent licensing for specific situations."

"I believe that the Apache licensing and policies are for the most part
extremely mature, very applicable and effective in certain projects, and
fundamentally non-negotiable."

I fail to see how you draw the conclusion from the supporting arguments.  One
can infer from your supporting statements that you see licensing as the issue.
But you've failed to draw the connection between the license and your
conclusion.  As an Epistemologist, I'm kind of interested in such nits.

        --- Noel