On 7 June 2011 06:49, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:

With OOo the company was nasty and people went away and were happy.
> The company wants the project at the ASF, and some people complain
> now. After all I never really heard the words "I want it at the ASF"
> from somebody with OOo adress

I have an OOo address and I want it at Apache for the following reasons.

1. Better to be at Apache than to go somewhere that could be more damaging
to LibreOffice and TDF.
Maybe that sounds illogical to some but it seems sensible to me :-).
2. If I had a first choice it would probably be give it to TDF but I know
that hell will probably freeze before that happens.
3. There are also advantages to the liberal license in proliferation of odf.

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940

Wales.