On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 8:00 AM, Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com> wrote:

> It seems entirely reasonable, though, to expect Oracle
> to provide a firm commitment that they will relicense any and all files in
> the repository that they own, including CWS. Sam, does the current
> commitment from Apache give that assurance, or is it something we should ask
> you to seek?

At the Apache Software Foundation, all contributions are entirely
voluntary.  We do not seek commitments.

What we have today is a standard software grant.  That grant contains
a list of files.  You've seen the list of files.

We know this list to be incomplete.  Employees of Oracle are
participating in the incubation.  Those that do will be expected to
sign the ICLA which requires them to determine if a CCLA is required
and to obtain that too.

I will simply state again that it is my expectation that if we make
reasonable requests and that if those requests are within Oracle's
power to fulfill those requests, that we will obtain subsequent
software grants.

I will add that I won't be the one determining what files to request,
that would be the incubating podling should it be set up.  I will
certainly help make any such requests end up with a positive outcome
for all concerned.

- Sam Ruby