Hi Thorsten,

Am 07.06.2011 11:09, schrieb Thorsten Behrens:
Simon Brouwer wrote:
The real question is whether anything essential is missing that Oracle
can't supply and that is very difficult to replace.

If you re-read Christian's mail, the answer to both is "yes". And
another remark: given the overall state of the code (~20 years of
sedimentation), the full project history is of great value, when one
tries to figure out how one specific piece of code came to pass.

All of that makes starting off from the hg repo appear desirable ...
While I fully agree that the commit history is of value, I do not see the need to include them when switching to AL. IMHO it is perfectly legal for anyone to clone the currently available repositories and archive them and also make them available
publicly. So those information will not be lost, this is the internet :-)

This is not an argument against having the history, I'm perfectly fine with that solution also. But in this case my personal preference would be to start clean.

Regards,
Christian