Michael Meeks wrote:

> It still leaves something you can't answer though: whether it is Rob's
> understanding of IBM's intention to camouflage such changes or to flag
> them all openly and clearly.

Separating the above from what seems to be the underlying concern.

> Ultimately with a suite of 8+ million lines, packed with obscure features,
> and thousands of lines of change a day it is fairly easy to slip things in,
> to the potential detriment of other users of the code.

Wait.  How is an IP remediation of "potential detriment of other users of the
code"?  I can appreciate your concern over potential submarine patents -- we do
have a clause to address that -- but how is REMOVAL of a problem a potential
detriment?

        --- Noel