1 responsible mentor doesn't exclude 3 or more IPMC members helping
out, but if everyone is supposed to do it, it will happen that no one
feel enough obligated to do so. Why do we have a PMC Chair? Why not 3?
There is purpose of elevated responsibility, it works outside ASF and
I am confident it will work here too.

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM, Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> On Jan 12, 2012, at 4:11 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>
>> wrote:
>>> I was thinking about this differently: mentors be responsible for
>>> ensuring IPMC has a complete picture, but normally the PPMC members
>>> write the reports.  (Not unlike how, in a PMC, any PMC member might
>>> write the report but it's the Chair's responsibility to ensure it is
>>> complete and accurate.)
>>
>> And I want to throw in my pet peeve; 1 Mentor!
>> One Responsible Mentor is better than 5 paper ones, and with a minimal
>> work load (whatever that might be) the "trimmed IPMC" (also good idea)
>> will know quickly when Mentor is AWOL, pretty much like Board sees
>> missing PMC Chairs.
>
> I disagree. Everybody gets busy from time to time. But a podling doesn't need
> 5 mentors. It is also helpful to have three mentors who are on the IPMC since
> it makes it easier to get a release vote to pass if all 3 mentors are active.
>
> Ralph

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I live here; http://tinyurl.com/3xugrbk
I work here; http://tinyurl.com/6a2pl4j