>________________________________

+1. This is a much saner summary of the IPMC's activities to report
to the board than simply passing on the podling reports unprocessed.

>I don't mean this to sound like a "yes, but", but you have identified
>12 podlings that aren't new and aren't ready to graduate.  Are there
>active plans to address the top issue identified?    If there are
>plans, and there is evidence of recent progress towards resolving the
>issue, fine.  Otherwise, please identify what actions the Incubator
>PMC should be taking.  That action could be as simple as asking the
>podling to report again next month.

Well that would require more careful scrutiny of the individual reports.
SIS, one of the wayward podlings I am mentoring, is trying to kick things
into gear again, but might be worthwhile subjecting to another report next
month.

>> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/February2012
>>
>> BR,
>>
>> Jukka Zitting
>
>P.S.  This may very well piss off four people, but have you thought
>about being Chair for the Incubator PMC?

LOL.  If Jukka is going to perform on this level consistently, I'd certainly
support this.  As I have said before I don't believe the *right* solution
is to dismantle the IPMC, at least not when the number one problem remains
active mentor participation.  I think Jukka's leadership here in the actual
oversight work we need to be doing monthly is the best representation of
what I'd like to see from the IPMC Chair going forward.