Hi Marcel...

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Marcel Offermans
<marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl> wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din <nour.moham...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Alexei Fedotov
>> <alexei.fedo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Well my concern was more like a question to raise here not actually
>> something to take on the project itself, to be honest I am not aware
>> about any rules that might prohibit that, but for at least most of the
>> projects I didn't see them committing IDE specific files into the
>> repository. Thats why I raised the question here to see what others
>> do.
>
> Since these are xml files and you can definitely edit them like other build
> files, I can't see any reason why they could not be part of a source release
> either. However, I do think they need a proper license header (the file I
> quickly checked [1] did not have that). I'm not aware of a way to tell
> Eclipse to add such headers automatically, so you might have to do that by
> hand or some script.

But can we add ASL headers to files which are defined and considered
to be, even structure wise (please correct me if I am wrong), under
the license of Eclipse ?

I really don't know I am also just raising a question here

DETAILS: My concern here comes from information I learned when I was
working in a big company (not mentioning names here) and they had
their own development tools which are totally built based on Eclipse.
And IIRC even the files generated from these tools, also XML files and
such, were opt to some license some how. So IDK if the case hold here
as well or not

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour