Hi Daniel...

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:11 AM, dsh <daniel.hais...@gmail.com> wrote:
> @Mohammad: And btw, in reference to that big (blue) company, I'd say
> your statement is hearsay and needs to be proofed. For instance why is
> that very big (blue) company adding their own, proprietary license
> header to such generated files and in one way or another even Java
> files are Eclipse-generated in the beginning ;)

To be honest I don't remember correctly cause that was since before
2008, but I remember vaguely that I wanted to do something and I was
not allowed to because of some rules related to this big (blue)
company :D, so I thought it is better to bring that up again maybe
someone already know more details or an answer

> Cheers
> Daniel
>
> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, dsh <daniel.hais...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The more practical and pragmatic question to pose is: why would you
>> want to add license headers to generated files. You would have to take
>> care of that they won't disappear each time the file (e.g. .classpath)
>> is getting re-generated. Again from a practical point of view a
>> mentoring suggestion could be to suggest moving such configuration
>> settings over to Maven over the course of time and let Maven generate
>> the Eclipse project-specific files.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Daniel
>>
>> On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
>> <nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi Marcel...

>>> But can we add ASL headers to files which are defined and considered
>>> to be, even structure wise (please correct me if I am wrong), under
>>> the license of Eclipse ?
>>>
>>> I really don't know I am also just raising a question here
>>>
>>> DETAILS: My concern here comes from information I learned when I was
>>> working in a big company (not mentioning names here) and they had
>>> their own development tools which are totally built based on Eclipse.
>>> And IIRC even the files generated from these tools, also XML files and
>>> such, were opt to some license some how. So IDK if the case hold here
>>> as well or not

>>> --
>>> Thanks
>>> - Mohammad Nour
>>> ----
>>> "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving"
>>> - Albert Einstein

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour
----