Hi,

On 18/11/12 21:55, Ted Dunning wrote:
That is because the phrase is only used as a proper noun for one thing.
But it is used commonly as a descriptive phrase.

I agree about the technical terms, but in this case it's a name.

Even Google is not confused: http://www.google.com/search?q=linked+data

BTW, the same could apply to "Big Data"... but let's try to focus the discussion, please.

As such, I think that most mentions of "linked data" should include some
such signal.  In a proposal aimed at people outside your community, in
particular, you need something along the lines "the phrase linked data is
used here idiosyncratically to refer to ...".  If you assume that the
reader knows what kind of link you mean between what kind of data, then the
documents you produce will tend to be impenetrable.  Assumptions like this
are common within insular communities and commonly lead to
misunderstandings like this.

Anyway I found this suggestion pretty interesting. So I'll try to improve the abstract of the proposal including something in that direction. Thanks.

Best,

--
Sergio Fernández
Salzburg Research