On 19/11/12 01:01, Benson Margulies wrote:
Ted,

I did read the whole thing, and I'd like to join you in drawing a
curtain in front of the man.

The proposers of this project didn't create the problem of the term
'linked data', and they can't fix it. As you suggest, all they can do
is pick a TLP name that is neutral to positive in relation to it.
Since they've already signed up for finding some other girl, boy, or
dinosaur to take to the dance here,  I think we can leave the question
of the badness of the phrase 'linked data' behind.

A small improvement to the proposal would be to add a definition to 'linked data', so that others can read the rest of the proposal knowing what 'linked data' means in that context.

The proposal should also refers the reader to:

 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_data
 - http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData
 - http://www.w3.org/wiki/LinkedData
 - http://linkeddata.org/

As you said, nothing can be done in relation to 'linked data'.

Paolo

--benson