Hi Ross!

> Can you explain a little about how the code has been donated without any
> public discussion. Have all copyright owners been consulted?

bien sûr - the discussion happend in private discussions with Pedro
(Apache OpenOffice) and Patrick & Daniel, the original BeanShell
authors, (put them in CC to this email) who already sent to secretary@
the SoftwareGrant and their ICLAs to continue BeanShell development
under the Apache umbrella.

Pedro took the initiative for the reason Andrea exposed, Apache
OpenOffice would like to continue using BeanShell dependency and since
its development was rather than active, contacted Patrick & Daniel for
a possible move to the ASF. They accepted and the Commons PMC voted to
sponsor BeanShell - I am "championizing" the initiative as Commons PMC
ambassador.

HTH, please let me know if you need more details, all the best!!!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/