On May 8, 2013, at 1:01 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Alan Cabrera <a...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> ...If I were king of the forest, I would be to fire all the mentors.  All
>> except, of course, me,
>> because I'm the king.  :) All the ex-mentors would become emeritus mentors
>> that
>> can be reinstated merely by asking....
>
> An annual "spring cleaning" of mentors, where all of them reconfirm
> their commitment and we remove those who don't, might be a good idea.

Yep, and no more layers.  No more additional roles.  No more shuffling.

One of the classic symptoms of dysfunctional group is it's tendency to try to
solve problems with more process and policy.

Let's ask ourselves, if each podling had two active mentors, what problems
would be left for the Incubator?  Not a whole heck of a lot.

Regards,
Alan