On May 8, 2013, at 2:40 PM, Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

>>> I may be incorrect in my understanding of the official ASF policy here
>>> [1], but WRT a release, doesn't it require at least 3 +1 votes of the
>>> appropriate PMC (in the case of podlings, the IPMC)?  If the mentors
>>> were limited to 2 within the podlings, then would that leave all podling
>>> in a position of having to get a third +1 from the IPMC?
>>
>> We're the IPMC, we can change the rules if we need to.
>
> Oh, I see this is an ASF rule.  Maybe we should have three active mentors?

Three active mentors is fine. But I personally would rather prefer a trip to
general for the 3rd vote just to get diverse perspectives. But again this is
debatable in the light of unattended release threads, but I am looking at the
positive learning aspect here. But I am not a good judge of whats best because
I hardly have spent time to verify releases outside the projects I am
mentoring. I am eager to hear from people like Sebb who provide outstanding
release verification in this forum. Will a lazy consensus IPMC time be as
motivating (for taking time to verify releases) as the required 3rd vote?

In any case, I will not divert the topic and dilute the just of the entire
thread. Looking foreword to see all these threads converge into some actionable
form soon.

Suresh