Do you think it would be helpful if we had a tool that generated these files?
It could work like a command line wizard that prompts the person for licensing
information and then generates a valid disclaimer, notice, etc. files.

If this is a good idea, what files should we generate?  Currently, all I can
think of is disclaimer and notice.

Maybe it could add the info into the project's DOAP file.  If we worked out the
kinks then we could create sbt/gradle/mvn plugins to read the DOAP file and
insert these files into the correct places in the distributions.  Apache RAT
could also use this info as well.

WDYT?

Regards,
Alan