On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 12:59 PM, James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org> wrote:
> Below is our updated NOTICE (which includes the copyright for the bundled
> bits) and LICENSE (minus the standard Apache 2.0 part).
>
> Would appreciate a review.

What follows is a superficial review of what I see in this email thread -- I
have not checked the distribution to see whether or not bits are actually
bundled, nor have I checked the Phoenix mailing list archives.

The proposed LICENSE file looks OK.  It is not necessary to embed the complete
text for MIT, 2-clause BSD and 3-clause BSD -- pointers suffice -- but it is
not forbidden, either.

The proposed NOTICE file contains a bunch of extraneous copyright notices.
Their presence in NOTICE constitutes a licensing documentation bug and they
should be removed.  See the licensing how-to, as well as this mail for
additional explanation:

    http://markmail.org/message/shez7ys3qnnewl4a

    Because the file is named "NOTICE", people tend to think it's for anything
    notice-ish. This is a pernicious misconception which keeps coming back
    over and over like a weed...

Best,

Marvin Humphrey