On 26 March 2014 00:23, James Taylor <jamestay...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 5:07 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> HBase is ASF code surely?
>> So why does it need mentioning? - unless its NOTICE file has some
>> attributions that relate to what you are bundling
>>

> Yes, HBase is ASF code. The other stuff we've listed are the transitive
> dependencies of HBase. Do we list then only the non ASF transitive
> dependencies in our LICENSE file? I think I was confused by the
> http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#deps-of-deps instructions.

What is confusing about that?
If it is not clear, how could it be made clearer?

> Would it be ok if I attached a modified LICENSE file for review here?

Please don't include the full license text.
Just include what you propose to append to the standard AL 2.0 file.

> Our
> NOTICE file will be modified to include only the bare minimum as described
> here: http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#simple

That's fine provided that there are no requirements for attribution,
.
Remember also that the NOTICE (and LICENSE) files relate to the "bits
that are bundled" so may be different for source and binary releases.