That was definitely the purpose of my comment. Dunno which one should be
the target and if it's required at all. Just that having forces spread on 3
projects (at least in Apache) to manage configuration does not seem to me
appropriated.

Btw, commons-configuration is currently in proper section, so if it's
active and used maybe it's not the best stage. To be discussed in apache
commons @list.