-- with reply below --
From: Marvin Humphrey [mailto:mar...@rectangular.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2014 13:39
To: general@incubator.apache.org; Dennis Hamilton
Subject: Re: [Proposal] TinkerPop: A Graph Computing Framework

On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamil...@acm.org> wrote:
> I am puzzled by the TinkerPop proposal identifying 3 initial committers and
> yet there is this long list of affiliated folks.
>
> What is that separate list intended to signify if none of them are worthy to
> be initial committers?

If it's like other projects, I speculate that the people on that longer list
have exhibited varying levels of activity over time.  I don't think it's a bad
thing if the initial committer list is only a subset (though 3 is arguably too
small even to start).  So long as the podling busies itself with the task of
voting new people in, it should be OK.  I think the way Marko put it bodes
well:

    Thus, typically finding those people is the difficult part, not the
    accepting of those who do so.

<orcmid>
   That list is noise, then, especially with no accompanying explanation of
   how it supports the proposal.

   With regard to finding committers, I notice that folks request
   being added to the initial committers list of a proposal and
   those are vetted one way or another by the proposer/champion.
   Has the proposal been publicized to that group and any
   interest in being initial committers (and especially filing
   Apache iCLAs) elicited?
</orcmid>

Marvin Humphrey