+1 (binding)

I am a bit confused about the mangling of license/notice files in respect
of the source/binary releases.

Can I please ask you to make a clear distinction between source and binary
(which is not official ASF release) in the next release.

On  side note, I am still not quite comfortable having binary releases, we
(the incubator in general) need a discussion on how we look at jar files,
they are not really object files (as from C/C++) but they are still binary.
I acknowledge and DO NOT dispute the fact that java projects needs this.

rgds
jan I.