I would have thought that graduation would be all about showing that whatever
list of committers we have (big or small) is working well? Having a large
number of committers certainly makes sense with a subversion mindset but it's
possibly an anti-pattern with a DVCS mindset (at least for a stable language in
any case)?

The Groovy community has always valued the actual code contribution more than
who the person was who contributedthe code. I hope we can continue in that
fashion.

Obviously, there are logistics concerns, you need enough committers to handle
the administrative tasks involved (and that will change with less full-time
people contributing on that side perhaps), so we should expect changes. And,
the voting is a bit different to what we have done in the past, so making that
work well will be important too. I just hope we are targeting a working system
rather than some magic number of committers.

Cheers, Paul.